How to Trim Costs and Find Deals
Business owners are always looking for ways to improve their bottom line. In a tough economy, especially, belt tightening measures can be the difference between survival and failure of a business. If you are eyeing your insurance coverage for places to trim expenses, you will find some opportunities; it just takes a bit of hunting.
Every commercial operation, from large corporate entities to very small shops, needs commercial coverage. The best way to find deals and get the best possible rates on your business insurance is to work with our independent agents in the Trusted ChoiceÂ® network.
We have access to multiple companies and can find the most affordable business insurance plan for you. And these carrier partnerships allow independent agents to serve all of your business insurance needs, from property and casualty insurance to directors and officers coverage to workers comp. Contact one of our agents today to get started.
Digging Deeper to Find More Business Insurance Discounts
As a business owner, you have a range of opportunities to reduce costs through proactive efforts on your part.
One of the most critical steps you can take is to work closely with an independent agent who will devote the time to fully understand your business needs and risks. The process is similar to working with an accountant who knows where to find deductions you wouldnâ€™t necessarily think of on your own.
Our independent agents in the Trusted Choice network will fully get to know your business and perhaps visit your facility, if appropriate, to learn how you operate. Your agent may identify several additional ways to cut corners on your insurance bill while still getting the highest quality coverage and maintaining an optimal risk management program.
For example, you may be able to get discounts by improving your companyâ€™s overall safety and security and remaining claims-free. Some of the ways you can do so include the following:
- Develop a worker safety training program
- Install security cameras and a building security system
- Install a fire sprinkler system and make sure you have accessible, functioning fire extinguishers
- Strengthen your company firewall against cyber-crime
- Reduce risk in your daily operations through safety inspections
- Improve fraud awareness; hire a forensic accountant to train your senior staff on what to watch for
- Reduce your business liability through safe materials handling, a driver safety program and other safety measures that reduce the likelihood of claims
- Some of the measures you take to reduce your commercial insurance costs may require an investment in the short term that will yield discounts and savings in the long run. Your agent can help you to assess which safety and security measures make the most sense for your organization and will yield the best outcomes.